Ansley Schrimpf is a derivatives attorney in the Firm’s Global Derivatives and Hedge Fund practice. She regularly advises clients on a broad array of regulatory, transactional and enforcement matters involving the financial markets and financial products.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Ansley served in the general counsel department of the National Futures Association, where she advised on regulatory matters related to futures, forex and swaps, including provisional registration reviews of US and non-US swap dealers.
Ansley represents exchanges, fund managers, trading advisers, proprietary trading firms, commodity pool operators, hedge funds, banks and corporate end-users in navigating and understanding the regulatory requirements and implications of the Commodity Exchange Act, as amended by the Dodd-Frank Act, the federal securities laws and the rules of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, Securities and Exchange Commission, and self-regulatory organizations, such as the National Futures Association and exchanges.
Ansley’s practice also includes documenting complex derivatives, as well as representing clients that are subjects of CFTC, SEC, NFA and exchange investigations and disciplinary actions.
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law (JD) (2011)
- University of Tennessee (BA History summa cum laude) (2005)
- University of Tennessee (BS Journalism and Electronic Media summa cum laude) (2005)
- Illinois~United States (2014)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee~United States (2013)
- Tennessee~United States (2011)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Chicago Bar Association – Futures & Derivatives Law Committee Vice-Chair
- Women in Listed Derivatives (WILD)
Representative Legal Matters:
- Represented firms and individuals before the CFTC, FINRA and exchanges with respect to investigations and enforcement actions, including matters involving allegations of spoofing, manipulation, supervisory failures, position limit violations and reporting violations, among others.
- Advised firms with respect to regulatory requirements relating to swaps, options, forwards, futures and other financial instruments.
- Assisted clients in formulating and implementing derivatives compliance and risk management procedures.
Rate : $$$