Arrissa K. Meyer is an associate with well-rounded experience not only in employment law, but also in traditional labor law. She is board certified in labor and employment law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
In the employment arena, she has handled EEOC and Department of Labor investigations and administrative whistleblower complaints, drafted and reviewed separation agreements, employment agreements and handbooks.
She has assisted in defending clients in civil litigation, including collective and class actions, involving claims under Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FLSA, FMLA, TCHRA, and various other state and federal employment laws.
Additionally Arrissa advises federal contractors and subcontractors on their affirmative action obligations and developing affirmative action programs, and she regularly speaks on this topic.
On the labor law side, Arrissa has handled unfair labor practice charges, negotiated collective bargaining agreements, assisted clients through representation elections, and provided advice and counsel regarding labor management relations.
Arrissa enjoys getting to know her clients as well as the ins and outs of their business as she counsels them on day-to-day labor and employment issues. Clients know they can call Arrissa and get a prompt response that includes practical and easy-to-understand advice, and she feels like she has succeeded in her practice when she becomes a valued part of her clients’ employment decision-making process.
- J.D., Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law, 2010
- B.A., University of Oklahoma, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Museum of Art Junior Associates
- Member at Large, Young Leaders Board of Directors, Genesis Women’s Shelter
Rate : $$$$