Bari R. Nadworny focuses her practice on white collar defense and corporate investigations, regulatory enforcement, securities and governance litigation, and other complex commercial litigation.
She represents individuals in regulatory matters and criminal investigations involving allegations of securities fraud. Bari efficiently masters complicated facts and provides thorough analyses, making her a valuable member of the teams on which she serves.
- Lead associate on the trial team for an SEC administrative proceeding brought against an individual involving books and records and internal controls allegations.
- Represents senior management in connection with an internal investigation of accounting and financial reporting matters.
- Member of the BakerHostetler team serving as court-appointed counsel to the Securities Investor Protection Act Trustee for the liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC, an unprecedented recovery effort involving hundreds of actions.
- Assisted in advising the directors of a publicly listed corporation on corporate governance matters.
- Represented an individual and a related company in an investigation by the DOJ relating to allegations of bribery and mail and wire fraud.
- Represented an individual in one of the first post-Newman SEC insider trading matters regarding penalties sought by the SEC.
Memberships : New York City Bar Association
Community : St. John’s University School of Law Alumni Association: Board of Directors
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, 2015, magna cum laude; Editor-in-Chief, St. John’s Law Review
- B.A., Macaulay Honors College at Queens College, CUNY, 2012; summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- New York
Rate : $$$$