Bonnie Keane DelGobbo concentrates her practice on consumer and employment class actions. She also advises clients on strategies for complying with federal and state laws governing the relationship between businesses and their employees or consumers, as well as strategies for minimizing the risk of facing potential class action liability.
Bonnie approaches all cases proactively with her clients’ ultimate goals in mind and focuses on delivering results that will advance not only their legal objectives, but also their business goals.
Before entering private practice, Bonnie worked as a law clerk for the Honorable Bobby E. Shepherd of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, during which time she drafted bench memoranda and proposed opinions for civil and criminal matters.
- Representing retail and restaurant clients in class and collective actions alleging employee misclassification, off-the-clock claims and tip credit claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and various state wage and hour laws.
- Defeated class certification in putative nationwide class action alleging retailer violated Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by failing to ensure adequate spacing between merchandise racks. Interlocutory review was denied.
- Secured dismissal with prejudice of putative nationwide class action against retail client alleging Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) violations during employment background checks.
- Representing multiple employers in putative class actions alleging violations of the Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act (BIPA) based on employers’ alleged use of fingerprint or other scanning technology for timekeeping purposes.
- Secured, based on motion to dismiss, plaintiffs’ voluntary abandonment of putative class claims against retailers in cases alleging violation of state consumer protection law. Cases settled on individual basis for nominal amounts.
- Drafted a Seventh Circuit brief for a public client, defending a district court’s finding of no state action during the preliminary injunction phase of a Fourth Amendment case.
- Washington University Club of Chicago
- Valpo Club of Chicago
- Coalition of Women’s Initiatives in Law
- J.D., Washington University School of Law, 2012, magna cum laude; Notes Editor, Washington University Law Review; Scholar in Law Award; Public Service Project Participant with highest distinction
- B.A., American Studies and Spanish, Valparaiso University, 2009, summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
Rate : $$$