Brad Moody, a shareholder in the Jackson office of Baker Donelson, focuses his practice on commercial and general liability litigation and the defense of cyber liability claims. Mr. Moody is a key member of Baker Donelson’s Data Incident Response and Investigations Team. His experience includes counseling numerous clients through responses to cyber security and other data incidents and defending the ensuing government investigations.
Mr. Moody is also well-versed in electronic discovery and has worked with experts in computer forensics to uncover electronic evidence of wrongdoing in unfair competition and trade secret litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Moody served as a law clerk to the Honorable David C. Bramlette III, United States District Court Judge for the Southern District of Mississippi.
- University of Mississippi Law School, J.D., 2004, cum laude
- University of Alabama, B.S., 2001, cum laude
- Mississippi, 2004
- Alabama, 2005
- Successfully defended HIPAA privacy/security investigations by the Office for Civil Rights and various state attorneys general.
- Won defense award in arbitration of nursing home neglect and wrongful death case where plaintiff claimed family member died from multiple falls at facility.
- Currently defending nationwide manufacturer and seller in class action lawsuits involving claims of fraud, breach of warranty, violations of Truth in Lending Act and Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
- Obtained the dismissal of the plaintiff’s Chinese drywall claims brought against a construction company.
- Obtained favorable settlements for several companies after working with a computer forensics expert to develop evidence of trade secret theft by former executives and sales representatives.
- Won a directed verdict and dismissal at trial on behalf of a long term care provider in a stage IV ulcer and wrongful death lawsuit.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Recipient – 2010 Outstanding Pro Bono Attorney Award from Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project
- Former Director – Capital Area Bar Association
- Member – American Health Lawyers Association
- Member – DRI
Rate : $$$$