Matthew Frerichs practices in the Estate and Trust arena, focusing on estate planning, trust and estate administration, guardianship and conservatorship law, and estate and trust litigation.
Matt’s technical knowledge and experience in complex planning, combined with his ability to sensitively and conscientiously navigate difficult and often complex family dynamics, gives clients peace of mind that their legacy is secure.
Prior to joining Robins Kaplan LLP, Matthew was an associate at a Minnesota law firm practicing in the areas of estate planning, probate, real estate, and business law.
A frequent speaker and writer, Matt has particular experience presenting on risk mitigation in estate planning and on the ethical issues that attorneys face when working with clients with mental illness or diminished capacity.
Matt previously served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Sean C. Gibbs of the Minnesota District Court. He received a B.A. and an M.S.W. from the University of St. Thomas, and earned his J.D. from the University of St. Thomas School of Law. He continues to support the school’s mission through his participation in the St. Thomas Mentor Program.
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, J.D. (2004)
- University of St. Thomas, M.S.W. (1999)
- University of St. Thomas, B.A. in Psychology (1995)
- American Bar Association, Section on Real Property, Trust and Estate Law
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Probate and Trust Law Section
Rate : $$$$