Brendan P. Gaffney is an associate in the Dallas office where he focuses his practice on white collar criminal defense and internal investigations, representing individuals and public and private entities, including large fortune 500 companies, financial institutions, small privately-held companies, partnerships, and governmental entities.
He has experience conducting internal investigations on behalf of public and private entities involving various allegations including financial fraud, mail/wire fraud, health care fraud, theft of company funds, discrimination, securities violations and other issues.
He also has represented entities and individuals in connection with civil, criminal, and regulatory investigations conducted by state and federal agencies involving a wide array of alleged wrongdoing including bank fraud, health care fraud, securities fraud, bribery, campaign finance violations, public corruption, violations of state and federal Anti-Kickback Statutes, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Brendan is also an experienced litigator having represented companies and individuals in civil litigation in state and federal court, including defending False Claims Act cases in which the United States has intervened. His experience also extends to representing individuals under federal criminal indictment.
- Defending public ambulance authority in False Claims Act case, in which the United States and the State of Oklahoma intervened, involving allegations of violations of the federal and Oklahoma versions of the Anti-Kickback Statute
- On behalf of a large accounting firm, conducted an internal investigation into a principal’s financial fraud, culminating in a criminal conviction of the principal after referral to the United States Attorney’s Office
- On behalf of a transportation company, conducted an internal investigation into an officer’s embezzlement of company funds. culminating in a criminal conviction of the officer after referral to the United States Attorney’s Office
- Represented individuals and corporations in connection with federal invetigations into political contributions
- Represented multiple individuals and entities as subjects and targets in federal criminal investigations, including at the post-indictment stage
Professional History :
- Associate, Locke Lord LLP
- Teacher, Osbourn Park High School, Manassas, Virginia (2004-2007)
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Member, American Bar Association
- J.D., high distinction, University of Iowa College of Law, 2010
- B.A., History, cum laude, The College of William & Mary, 2004
Admissions : Texas, 2010
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Rate : $$$