Brett Bacot is a member of Buchanan’s State Government Relations Group with 17 years’ experience representing clients on a wide variety of issues before the Florida Legislature, Executive Branch and state agencies. Throughout his career, he has worked in various policy areas, focusing on health reform, Medicaid, long-term care, behavioral health, transportation, education and various local government issues.
Brett also concentrates his practice in appropriations requests, navigating the complex state budgeting process and assisting clients in securing funding for special projects. Some of his recent accomplishments include:
- Worked with Southwest Florida delegation and budget leaders to fund the Public Safety Reinvestment Grant in the FY 2014-15 Budget.
- Assisted stakeholders in providing funding for transportation-economic development statewide grant projects.
- Worked with lawmakers and county to fund a Soft Landing Business Accelerator.
- Collaborated with stakeholders to fund the Disability Waiver Waitlist for FY 2014-15 to remove 1,500 individuals with developmental disabilities from the Waitlist.
- Worked with the Florida Beach and Shore Preservation Association to achieve full funding for Beach Restoration projects.
Brett has worked as a legislative aide in the Florida House of Representatives and has experience in grassroots advocacy work.
- Florida State University, M.A., 1993, Applied American Politics
- Florida State University, B.S., 1990, Political Science
- Member of the Florida Association of Professional Lobbyists
Rate : $$$