Brian D. Anderson is a Partner in Sheppard Mullin’s San Francisco office. He is Team Leader of the firm’s Technology Transactions Team and Advertising Team. The Daily Journal named him one of the top 40 attorneys under 40 in California.
Mr. Anderson combines his specialization in intellectual property law and commercial transactions to help United States and international companies and entrepreneurs create, protect, license, buy, sell, and commercially exploit intellectual property, technology, goods, and services.
As Leader of the Firm’s Advertising Team, he advises some of the world’s most famous brands and agencies on compliance with advertising laws, as well as negotiating high-profile brand licensing, sponsorship, and endorsement deals.
Mr. Anderson is a founding Leader of the Firm’s Privacy and Cybersecurity Team and advises clients on the data issues wrapped up in their transactions, advertising campaigns, and business operations. He routinely helps clients by structuring, negotiating, and providing strategic counseling for their most significant projects and deals, including:
- Product distribution strategies & agreements, both domestic & international
- IT & business process outsourcing
- Website & mobile app terms & policies
- Technology joint ventures & spin-outs
- Social media, e-mail & mobile marketing
- Sweepstakes, contests & promotions
- Charitable sales promotions
- Gift card, rewards, rebate & loyalty programs
- Privacy & data protection, including COPPA, TCPA, CAN-SPAM, HIPAA, GDPR & other laws
- Intellectual property, technology & data issues in M&A transactions
- J.D. University of California, Davis, Law Review
- B.A. University of California, Davis, with honors
Admissions : California
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Member, The Licensing Executives Society (LES)
- Appointed Member, Cyberspace Committee of the Business Law Section of the State Bar of California
Rate : $$$