Brianna Forbes Silverstein participates in all areas of patent litigation, including pre-filing investigation, drafting initial pleadings, drafting and responding to written discovery, facilitating the collection, production, and review of documents, taking and defending depositions, drafting and responding to claim construction briefs, working with both technical and damages experts, drafting pre-trial statements, participating in trial, drafting post-trial briefing, and preparing cases for appeal.
She also has experience negotiating settlements and license agreements, both in connection with and outside of litigation. Brianna has litigated in administrative tribunals, such as the International Trade Commission and the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
She has litigated cases in various technology fields, including mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and computer science. Brianna is a co-founder and contributor to Drinker Biddle’s PTAB Trial Blog.
In addition to patent litigation, Brianna also has experience with both trademark and copyright litigation. She litigates these matters both in federal court as well as at the Copyright Royalty Board. Brianna also has extensive experience in products liability and mass tort law, and employment law as well as general business dispute and contract matters.
During law school, Brianna was also a law clerk at the National School Boards Association and at the U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Division, and National Courts.
- Represented a materials manufacturer in a patent infringement proceeding before the Eastern District of Texas.
- Represented an electronics company in a patent infringement matter involving Blu-ray disc players before the U.S. International Trade Commission.
- Represented a software company in the field of radiation therapy in a patent infringement matter before the District of Maryland.
- George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2009, with honors, The George Washington International Law Review
- University of Maryland, B.A., 2006, Phi Beta Kappa
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, Virginia
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
Rate : $$$