Brittany Bartold Sutton is a partner in the San Diego office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Appellate Practice. Her practice focuses on civil appeals, writs and administrative mandamus matters. Mrs. Sutton is admitted to practice before all the courts in California and various federal courts, including the United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit.
Mrs. Sutton’s appellate cases include medical malpractice, elder law, products liability, general liability, professional liability, employment law, toxic tort and environmental law, bankruptcy, workers’ compensation, business law and contracts.
In addition, Mrs. Sutton provides strategic advice to clients and trial counsel with respect to significant trial court motions and post-trial matters where an appellate challenge is anticipated.
Prior to passing the bar, Mrs. Sutton was a law clerk at Lewis Brisbois where she drafted various trial briefs, memoranda, and motions, and assisted in trial preparation and in drafting appellate briefs.
After her second year of law school, Mrs. Sutton was a law clerk at a construction defect law firm. Mrs. Sutton drafted and responded to discovery, drafted settlement agreements and memoranda on various civil issues, assisted in expert witness retention and designation and in trial preparation including drafting exhibit and witness lists, jury instructions, and motions in limine.
After her first year of law school, Mrs. Sutton was a judicial extern to Judge Florence-Marie Cooper of the United States District Court for the Central District of California. Mrs. Sutton drafted memoranda and orders on a variety of civil and criminal issues, observed various in-court proceedings, completed jurisdiction checks on new cases and made oral presentations to the judge.
During college, Mrs. Sutton was also a legal intern to Judge Bert Glenon Jr. and Judge Randy Rhodes of the Van Nuys Superior Court and to Judge Jerold S. Cohen of the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Juris Doctor and Certificate in Dispute Resolution, magna cum laude, 2010.
- California Lutheran University, Bachelor of Science, Criminal Justice and Bachelor of Science, Psychology, summa cum laudewith university, department, and highest honors, 2007.
- State Bar Admissions, California
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Courts, United States District Court for the Central District of California
Rate : $$$