Susan Vargas is counsel in King & Spalding’s Litigation practice. Having spent seven years of her career as an in-house lawyer, she brings a well-rounded perspective to all aspects of litigation. She appreciates the value of a “results oriented” approach and has a heightened sensitivity to clients’ needs.
When not serving as in-house counsel, her career has been devoted to litigating and trying high-exposure cases. While experienced in representing corporate defendants in a wide variety of complex matters, she has focused her practice on product liability and toxic tort litigation.
Susan has tried numerous high-exposure product liability cases to verdict involving catastrophic injuries or wrongful death for various automotive and power sports manufacturers. In addition, Susan tried an import automotive manufacturer’s first asbestos case to a defense verdict.
Susan earned her Bachelor of Arts from the University of California, Berkeley and her Juris Doctor from the University of Southern California Gould School of Law where she was a participant in the Hale Moot Court Honors Program, an editor of the Law and Women’s Studies Journal, and recipient of a merit scholarship for three years.
- Bestowed the YWCA Phenomenal Woman of the Year Award in 2004 by the YWCA of Greater Los Angeles for outstanding leadership in the work place and significant achievements in the community.
- Nominated and elected as the Vice Chair for the American Bar Association’s Products General Liability and Consumer Law Committee for 2011-2012 and 2014-2015.
- J.D., USC Gould School of Law
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Defense Research Institute
- International Association of Defense Counsel
Rate : $$$$