Bryan Chegwidden, co-chair of the firm’s investment management group, advises several of the world’s leading asset managers, including some of the largest mutual fund families (and/or their independent directors) and investment advisers.
He has extensive experience organizing alternative investment products, including hedge funds, private equity funds and funds-of-funds, and advising clients on cross-border matters, with a particular emphasis on non-U.S. sponsors offering products and services into the U.S. Bryan was the head of the firm’s New York office from its founding in 2001 until 2011.
Bryan is consistently recognized as a leading investment management lawyer by clients, peers and industry commentators. He has been ranked nationally by Chambers USA every year since 2007, earned accolades from IFLR1000, The Best Lawyers in America, and Legal 500, and twice been named one of 500 leading lawyers in America by Lawdragon (2012-2014). Clients and peers interviewed by Chambers have shared the following about Bryan:
- “A real expert” and “a really talented lawyer.”
- “Excellent mix of subject matter knowledge, appreciation for business objectives, and good interpersonal skills.”
- “Powerful insights that have been extraordinarily helpful.”
- “Excellent quality service.”
- JD, Yale Law School, 1987; Editor, Yale Journal on Regulation
- BA, Trinity College, 1984; Phi Beta Kappa
- New York, 2004
- Massachusetts, 1987
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ACTIVITIES : Advisory Board, Mutual Fund Directors Forum
Rate : $$$