Bryan L. Walker is experienced in the preparation and prosecution of patent applications. He also counsels clients on the prosecution strategies and likelihood of success. His experience includes conducting inventor interviews and drafting Office Action Responses.
Bryan uses his experience as a former patent examiner with the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office to conduct in-person interviews with current patent examiners. At the USPTO, he issued hundreds of Office Actions for database system patent applications, received top ratings for award-winning performance and attained the senior level of GS-13.
Prior to entering law school, Bryan worked at Motorola on iDEN telecommunication technology as a graduate research assistant. He also spent time as system administrator for the resort The Breakers Palm Beach, which required him to work on many technologies and as a LAMP software developer at the Florida Atlantic University’s Department of Biomedical Science.
While working at the university, he coordinated distance-learning technology for the department’s first medical school class in partnership with the University of Miami School of Medicine.
Bryan has written numerous articles for The Legal Intelligencer and the Forum for International Trade Training on topics such as international design patent applications, patent application process analytics, protecting IP rights in international markets, considerations for when to disclose patent prior art, understanding and avoiding RCE limbo and First Action Allowance of patent applications.
- Washburn University School of Law (J.D., 2010)
- Florida Atlantic University (M.S., 2005)
- Florida Atlantic University (B.S., 2002)
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, Kansas, U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, senior member
- Purple Martin Conservation Association, Board of Directors
Rate : $$$