Carlos M. Bermudez represents a diverse group of clients, including private companies, public companies and private equity funds in sophisticated transactions that protect and enhance their business interests.
Carlos’ clients appreciate his commercial savvy, persistent drive and creative approach to challenges in a deal setting. He advises clients in matters in the United States, as well as internationally (principally in Asia and Latin America).
- Also has experience in the corporate aspects of financial restructurings.
- Represents public and private companies and equity funds in acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures, cross-border and similar transactions.
- Handles matters domestically, as well as in Asia and Latin America.
- Negotiated investment documents, including a shareholder agreement, for a global private equity fund in a co-investment in an Argentinian fiber network company.
- Represented VCA Inc. in connection with its acquisition of 50% of PetCare, a company that owns veterinary hospitals and laboratories in Brazil. PetCare will serve as VCA’s platform in Brazil.
- Advised Kingston Technology, one of the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products, as a member of the consortium that purchased Toshiba Memory Corporation (TMC), a fully owned subsidiary of Japanese conglomerate Toshiba, for approximately $18 billion. The consortium, led by Bain Capital Private Equity, LP., included SK Hynix, Hoya, Apple Inc., Kingston Technology, Dell and Seagate Technology. Negotiated a favorable long-term memory supply agreement with TMC, as well as investment documents that protected Kingston Technology’s interests in connection with its participation in the consortium. The deal was the largest M&A transaction in Asia in 2018.
- Advised VCA Inc., the nation’s largest animal care provider that was publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market, in its sale to Mars Corporation for $9.1 billion.
- Negotiated investment documents for a global private equity fund in an equity investment of up to $180 million in a company that operates a fleet of fire suppressing planes.
- Served as counsel to an informal group of noteholders of Inversiones Alsacia, S.A., a Chilean bus operator.
- Provided legal advice to an informal group of noteholders of Desarolladora Homex, S.A.B. de C.V., a Mexican homebuilder.
- Member, firm Inclusion Council, dedicated to promoting diversity in Akin Gump ranks.
- Member, firm Pro Bono
Rate : $$$$