Carol Weiner Levy is counsel in Venable’s New York office and a member of the Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights Group. She has over 20 years’ experience representing lenders, investors, and acquirers in Chapter 11 cases, out-of-court restructurings, and strategic financial transactions involving financially distressed companies.
Her practice focuses on protecting the rights of sophisticated financial parties in complex financial restructurings and maximizing opportunities for investor participation in the distressed marketplace.
Carol frequently advises individual directors and boards of directors in connection with restructurings. Carol has extensive experience in syndicated bank debt and distressed claims trading and has written on the subject of trading for control in bankruptcy and related topics.
- A multinational investment management firm as lender in the Energy Future Holdings Chapter 11, including the preparation of multiparty restructuring-related agreements and the analysis of complex regulatory and financial transactions.
- A multi-billion-dollar financial services corporation as mezzanine lender in the largest domestic shopping center Chapter 11 case, involving preparation of lift stay pleadings, objections to debtors’ motions, court appearances, and the negotiation of a complex plan of reorganization among numerous CMBS and non-CMBS lending parties.
- A large aerospace parts manufacturer in a multi-million-dollar out-of-court restructuring involving bank lenders, regulatory authorities, and other government agencies.
- A healthcare investment management firm in the out-of-court restructuring of healthcare manufacturing and research/development companies to which it was the lead lender.
- J.D. University of Michigan Law School 1986
- University of Michigan 1983
Bar Admissions : New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Professional Memberships :
- American Bar Association
- Loan Syndicate Trading Association
Rate : $$$