Chanda A. Miller handles complex commercial litigation, including products liability, antitrust, and appellate litigation. Chanda defends major pharmaceutical and medical device companies in multidistrict litigation, coordinated state proceedings, and individual cases involving claims of personal injury, price-fixing claims, alleged false claims act violations, and consumer protection claims.
Her appellate experience includes work on successful appeals in state and federal courts across the country. Prior to joining the firm, Chanda completed a one-year clerkship with the Honorable William H. Yohn Jr. (Ret.) in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
While in law school, she completed an externship with the Honorable Bruce W. Kauffman (Ret.) in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and an internship with the Honorable Glynnis D. Hill in the Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas, Criminal Division.
- Part of the national counsel team for mass tort litigation involving an anticoagulant in federal and state courts.
- Defending pharmaceutical manufacturer in various civil actions filed by state attorneys general alleging Medicaid fraud and violations of state consumer protection and deceptive trade practices acts.
- Defending pharmaceutical manufacturer in various state court actions alleging product liability, breach of warranty, and common law fraud.
- Representing a defendant in nationwide price-fixing class action, including on interlocutory appeal of district court’s class certification order, where the Third Circuit Court of Appeals vacated the order and held for the first time that a Daubert standard of admissibility applies to expert testimony at the class certification stage.
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 2007, magna cum laude, Temple Law Review – Editor-in-Chief
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, B.A., 2000, with high distinction, Phi Beta Kappa
Bar Admissions : New Jersey, Pennsylvania
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
Rate : $$$