Chantal E. Kordula’s practice focuses primarily on transactions in Latin America, particularly mergers and acquisitions, project and acquisition finance, and restructurings. Chantal joined the firm in 1997 and became a partner in 2008.
- Vitro Mexico in the $2.15 billion sale of its food and beverage glass containers business to Owens-Illinois.
- Grupo Bimbo in its $709 million acquisition of Sara Lee Corporation’s North American Fresh Bakery; its €115 million acquisition of Sara Lee’s fresh bakery business in Spain and Portugal; its acquisition and financing of its $2.5 billion purchase of Weston Foods; and its $650 million acquisition of East Balt Bakeries.
Project and Corporate Finance
- The Mexican Ministry of Communications and Transportation in the $1 billion (first stage) and $3 billion (second stage) secured financings to develop the new Mexico City international airport.
- TAG Pipelines Sur, a 50:50 joint venture between Pemex and GDF Suez, in the approximately $1.2 billion financing for the construction and operation of the Ramones II Sur pipeline.
Latin American Restructurings
- An ad hoc committee of international bank creditors in the $3 billion debt restructuring of Controladora Comercial Mexicana (Comerci).
- An ad hoc bondholder committee in the $420 million restructuring of Industrias Unidas’s indebtedness, which included a simultaneous Chapter 11 reorganization and an out-of-court restructuring.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 1997
- Amherst College, B.A., 1994
- New York
Rate : $$$$