Charles M. Fleischmann provides legal counsel to businesses and executives facing government investigations and also assists companies with their compliance needs prior to the government becoming involved. Charles has represented clients before the Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Congress and other regulatory and enforcement agencies.
In addition, he advises clients regarding corporate compliance and tailored training on issues including cyber security, data privacy, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and campaign finance compliance. Finally, Charles also assists companies conducting internal investigations.
With an adept understanding of legislative and regulatory processes, Charles counsels companies on new developments that could impact their compliance requirements or their bottom line. He also has experience drafting and negotiating various commercial agreements and with litigation related to contract disputes.
He has helped form and advised corporate and nonprofit entities, drafting articles of incorporation, bylaws and tax exemption applications. Prior to his time with the firm, Charles interned for the Hon. Harry S. Mattice, Jr., U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee.
- Successfully represented clients before Department of Justice and FBI regarding complex cybersecurity matters.
- Successfully represented CEO before Department of Labor Solicitor General investigation involving possible ERISA violations.
- Obtained successful outcomes for clients in Congressional investigations before oversight Committees.
- Represents multinational company in pending Department of Justice National Security Division investigation.
- Assisted multiple companies in drafting corporate policies on anti-corruption, cyber security, data privacy and other topics.
- J.D., University of Alabama School of Law
- B.A., Washington and Lee University
Admissions : District of Columbia, Alabama
Professional Associations and Memberships : National Association of Manufacturers
Rate : $$$