Charles Wm. McIntyre is a member of the firm’s Board of Partners. He counsels clients in the areas of federal and state securities laws, accountants’ liability, class actions against publicly held corporations, False Claim Act (FCA), qui tam litigation, and investigations by various federal and state government entities and Congress involving civil and criminal matters.
He has appeared in federal and state courts, before the American Arbitration Association, and has represented individuals and companies before the SEC, the Inspector General, the DOJ and Congress.
He is an internal and external firm resource on attorney-client privilege and the work product doctrine, and he has made numerous presentations and speeches on these subjects to in-house legal departments. He has taught legal writing and appellate advocacy as an adjunct law professor.
- Representations of telecommunication companies in FCA and qui tam related litigation resulting in the government declining to intervene and dismissal of the Relator’s lawsuit.
- Representation of a diversified, global company providing products and services ranging from security, fire protection and detection and valves and controls in actions against former officers and directors.
- Representation involving internal investigation of foreign financial institution in connection with potential violations of OFAC regulations relating to Iran Sanctions.
- Representation of a number of public companies in federal securities class actions, many of these cases were favorably resolved prior to trial.
- Representation of public companies and individuals including directors and officers in numerous SEC investigations.
- Northwestern University School of Law, JD, cum laude, 1987
- University of South Carolina, BA, magna cum laude, 1983
Admissions : District of Columbia, Virginia.
- Chair, Section of Commercial Litigation, Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys, 1996-1997
- Board of Editors, 1997-2011, The Journal of Civil Litigation, Published Quarterly by the Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Member, Virginia State Bar
Rate : $$$