Charlotta Otterbeck represents borrowers, commercial banks and other financial institutions on complex U.S. and cross-border financing transactions, particularly within the aviation sector.
Charlotta regularly advises on export credit agency-supported financings, operating and finance lease transactions, asset purchases and sales, receivables financings, pre-delivery payment financing transactions, debt restructurings and insolvency proceedings.
She has extensive airline industry knowledge, and is often called upon by airlines to advise on fleet replacements, IATA programs and other commercial issues.
She also leads Pillsbury’s Trade Finance practice, frequently guiding lenders through structured, sovereign debt and export credit agency-supported finance transactions.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Advised Turkish Airlines on the world’s first Japanese Yen-denominated Enhanced Equipment Trust Certificate transaction.
- Represented Turkish Airlines in the first-ever Japanese Yen-denominated French tax lease supported by U.S. Ex-Im.
- Counsel to airlines in Bangladesh, Brazil, Ethiopia, Luxembourg, Turkey, Uzbekistan and elsewhere in connection with the acquisition, sale, leasing or financing of over 100 aircraft.
- Counsel to financial institutions in connection with the acquisition, sale, leasing or financing of over 100 aircraft in countries including China, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Pakistan, United States and Vietnam.
- Counsel to liquidity providers in connection with commercial paper conduit-backed aircraft finance transactions for several North American carriers.
- Counsel to a major South American airline in connection with restructuring of over $3 billion of debt.
- Counsel to lenders/investors in connection with restructuring of debt of South American airline.
- Counsel to European pulp and paper company in connection with financing of acquisitions with Mexican joint venture party.
- J.D., Columbia University School of Law, 1995
- M.A., Philosophy, Stanford University, 1995
- B.A., Philosophy, Stanford University, 1992
ADMISSIONS : New York
Rate : $$$$