Peter Lawrence Loh is a litigation lawyer with trial and appellate litigation experience representing plaintiffs and defendants in a wide variety of complex commercial disputes throughout Texas and beyond in the retail, tech, finance, and other sectors.
Peter has been lead counsel in many successful cases involving breach of contract, fraud, trade secret litigation, negligence, violations of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act, patent and copyright infringement, and other complex issues.
He has handled cases in state and federal courts in Texas, Oklahoma, California, New York, Hawaii, Arizona, Colorado, Minnesota and Pennsylvania. While he has extensive courtroom experience, Peter also spends a significant portion of his practice counseling clients on how to avoid litigation – recognizing that clients view it as inconvenient, expensive and unpleasant.
They appreciate his pragmatism and his ability to view litigation – or potential litigation – as a business dispute in search of a business solution. Peter is also known for his immediacy and accessibility when it comes to responding to client phone calls, emails, and texts.
He also speaks basic conversational Mandarin and is vice-chair of the firm’s Distribution & Franchise Practice.
Clients include :
- 1st Global Inc.
- 1st Global Research Consulting Inc.
- Black Dutch Management LLC
- Blevins Inc.
- Brinker Texas Inc.
- Collin County, Texas
- CompSource Oklahoma
- ISC Group Inc.
- iServe Residential Lending LLC
- Jani-King International Inc.
- John M. Floyd & Associates Inc.
- NAD Acquisition 3 LLC
- Nationstar Mortgage, LLC
- NCS Pearson Inc.
- Novaria Group
- ProSupps USA, LLC
- TGI Friday’s
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, (2002),
- Member, Texas Review of Litigation Law Journal
- B.A., Georgetown University, (1995),
- Asian Studies
- Member, Phi Alpha Sigma, The National Political Science Honor Society
- Mandarin Chinese Studies, Beijing University, Beijing, China (1993)
- Texas (2002)
- Texas State Courts (2002)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit (2011)
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Asian American Bar Association
- Fellow, Texas Bar Association
- Fellow, Dallas Bar Association
- Guest Lecturer, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law (November 2013) (spoke on eDiscovery and related issues)
Rate : $$$$