Chelsea Hilliard is an associate with Foley Gardere. Chelsea is a devoted and driven litigator who obtains results with strategic thinking and intense work ethic.
As a problem solver that always has her client’s best interests in mind, Chelsea endeavors to resolve disputes before litigation if possible, but when litigation is necessary she represents her clients with fierce and effective advocacy.
Chelsea’s extensive litigation practice focuses primarily on complex commercial matters in a wide variety of industries and regions. She is experienced in all aspects of trial and arbitration practice, covering a wide array of legal issues, including:
- Breach of contract
- Misappropriation of trade secrets
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Shareholder disputes
In particular, Chelsea has extensive experience in securities litigation, representing hedge funds, former shareholders, brokers, and other financial-sector clients in investor and counter-party disputes.
Select securities experience includes representing hedge funds in shareholder disputes, and a securities matter, representing former shareholders of a multinational investment banking firm.
Chelsea advises corporate clients on legal matters that arise in departing employee contexts. Chelsea has significant experience handling matters concerning breach of non-compete and non-disclosure agreements. She is adept at advising clients on the use and enforceability of such covenants, from drafting to enforcement.
“I love what I do – simple as that. I’m passionate about finding that critical detail that opens up or ‘cracks’ a complicated case.”
Chelsea has been praised by clients for her ability to creatively and effectively convey data that gives her clients an advantage at trial.
- J.D., Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law (cum laude, 2010)
- Science and Technology Law Review, Administrative Director and Staff Editor
- Jackson Walker Moot Court Competition, Best Oral Advocate in Round
- John Marshall Moot Court Team
- Member, Phi Delta Phi, International Legal Honors Fraternity
- Student Bar Association, Mentor to first-year law students
- B.A., Southern Methodist University (summa cum laude, 2007)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Recipient of The “M” Award, the most highly coveted recognition for service and leadership at Southern Methodist University
- Robert Stewart Hyer Society
- Texas State Bar, 2010
- U.S.D.C. Northern District of Texas, 2012
- U.S.D.C. Eastern District of Texas, 2015
- U.S.D.C. Southern District of Texas, 2016
Affiliations And Professional Memberships :
- Fellow, Dallas Bar Foundation
- Crain Leadership Endowment Fund Board of Directors (current)
- Dallas Bar Association, CLE and Judiciary Committees (current)
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Co-Chair Trial Skills Committee (current)
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Member, William “Mac” Taylor American Inn of Court
- Fellow, DAYL Foundation, Grant Committee (2016)
- Big Thought, Food for Thought, Co-Chair (2013), Steering Committee (2012)
- SMU Dedman School of Law, Reunion Host Committee (2015)
Rate : $$$$