Cheri Peterson-Ross has been with Fragomen’s Chicago office since June 2007. Before moving to Chicago, she was with Fragomen’s New York office from April 1998, where she led teams providing immigration services for Wall Street, domestic and international banks, and major auditing and consulting firms.
Cheri currently represents corporate clients in the engine, research, and manufacturing industries and high-profile individual clients. She advises multinational corporations regarding the movement of professionals throughout the world, including temporary and permanent work visas and residency.
She educates and coordinates activities between her clients’ offices of general counsel, procurement, human resources, recruitment, and global services to ensure efficiency, high-touch service, and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
Cheri has worked pro bono with Sanctuary for Families to provide victims of domestic violence with immigration counsel.
Cheri speaks English and Spanish.
- William Mitchell College of Law | J.D., 1996
- University of Minnesota | B.A., 1992
Bar Admissions: Minnesota
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Member and Former Chair, Illinois Secretary of State Committee, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Member, Society for Human Resource Management
- Former Member, Charitable Causes and Program Planning Committees, Corporate Relocation Council
- Former Member, Fragomen’s Corporate Compliance Committee
- Former Member, ICE Liaison Committee, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Former Co-Chair, Department of Labor Liaison Committee, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Former Member, Annual Fundraising Committee, American Immigration Law Foundation
- Former Member, Labor & Employment Law Committee, New York City Bar Association
- Former Co-Chair, Corporate Practice Committee, New York Chapter, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Former Co-Chair, Essay Writing Contest Committee, New York Chapter, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Former Member, Immigration and Nationality Law Committee, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
Rate : $$$$