Chris Alderman assists clients in the procurement and privatization of domestic and international energy and infrastructure projects, including those involving public-private partnership transactions.
As an associate on the energy and infrastructure team, Chris assists with project finance and development transactions involving the development, privatization, restructuring and financing of diverse types of projects domestically and abroad.
He also advises clients on federal and state regulatory issues in the energy sector, including ratemaking and regulatory approval of corporate transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Chris served as an infantry officer in the United States Marine Corps, where he held various leadership positions. He is the co-founder of the Wake Forest Veterans Legal Clinic, and is active in the firm’s Veteran’s Pro Bono Program.
- Advising the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission on public-private partnership matters.
- Advising the District of Columbia Office of Public-Private Partnerships on privatization matters.
- Advising the Government of Kosovo in relation to the development of a new lignite power plant with a capacity of approximately 450 MW.
- Advising an African nation in connection with the procurement of a Management Services Contract for the distribution of electricity.
- Advising the Government of Egypt on the development of a coal-fired power plant.
- Advising a US government agency on various legal matters regarding its Compact and Threshold programs in over 20 countries.
- Advising the Government of Tanzania in relation to the development of a hydro power plant with a capacity of approximately 1.7 MW.
- Advising a foreign natural gas utility on the acquisition of a Virginia public service utility.
- JD, Wake Forest University School of Law, 2016
- BA, International Studies and Political Science, Virginia Military Institute, 2008
- Member, Infrastructure and Regulated Industries Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Virginia State Bar
- Board Member, Wake Forest Rugby Foundation
- Former Board Member, Warrior Rising
Rate : $$$