Christine Wilson Feller’s primary practice is intellectual property litigation. She assists clients in protecting and enforcing their patent and trademark rights prior to litigation and, when necessary, in district court or in front of the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB). She also has significant involvement in product liability matters, commercial disputes, and discrimination and personal injury actions.
In all of these areas, Christine knows the value of resolving matters swiftly and favorably. Negotiations, appropriately timed motions, and effective participation in arbitration and mediation are all leveraged, as appropriate, to avoid the costs and delays that trial can bring. She also knows that sensitivity to the client’s goals and protection of its brand and reputation are absolutely essential when pursuing or resolving disputes.
Christine pays close attention to interpersonal dynamics when working with clients and strives to understand all aspects of their business. This helps her usher a case, the client, or witnesses and employees through the discovery process, or the preparation for arbitration or mediation, with minimal disruption of their business operations.
- Successfully represented Fresenius Kabi USA, LLC in obtaining a rare preliminary injunction in federal district court. The injunction barred our client’s competitor from launching a generic version of its patented formulation of levothyroxine, an injectable thyroid hormone. The District Court for the District of New Jersey granted the injunction on the basis that our client was likely to win its patent lawsuit against its competitor.
- An integral member of the team on a fast-moving patent litigation. She managed an extensive and voluminous fact discovery process, and assisted with navigating numerous discovery disputes as well as preparing witnesses for broad 30(b)(6) depositions. The team was ultimately able to secure a satisfactory resolution in the face significant and sudden changes in the legal landscape.
- Secured summary judgment in premises liability dispute and successfully defended subsequent appeal by co-defendant, arguing before the First Department Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of New York, and achieving a final dismissal for our client.
- Assisted in the successful arbitration of a contract dispute, securing an award, confirming the award in state court, and enforcing the judgment against a reluctant defendant.
- Ushered contract dispute through pre-litigation negotiations, and ultimately mediation, to a favorable resolution for the client, avoiding expensive litigation in an unfavorable jurisdiction.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2011
- New York University, M.A., Russian and Slavic Studies, 2002
- University of California – Santa Cruz, B.A., Literature and History, 2000
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$$