Christine Ann McGuinness, leader of Schiff Hardin’s Real Estate Group and member of the firm’s Executive Committee, is a skilled real estate and corporate finance lawyer and one of two coordinating partners for Schiff Hardin’s New York office. Her 25 years of experience includes proficiency in matters involving corporate finance, commercial lending and financial institutions.
Chris is first and foremost a business lawyer, combining her knowledge of real property and other commercial assets with on-the-ground experience. Clients benefit from her ability to balance the economics of a transaction with the legal protections needed to get it done.
Chris represents real estate developers and lenders in all aspects of commercial real estate, as well as individuals and corporations in the acquisition, leasing and financing of corporate jets and fractional aircraft interests. When working with clients, she ensures they are performing effectively in their role within the business, helping to protect the business as well as themselves.
Chris’s practice focuses on equity and debt financings, including real estate, aircraft interests, and other asset-based financings, partnership and joint venture agreements, complex asset and portfolio acquisitions and sales, and leasing transactions. Highlights include:
- Represented public office/industrial REIT with 50 assets in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Delaware in connection with the initial formation of an UPREIT structure and the ongoing acquisition, disposition, and financing of the portfolio.
- Represented owner of a luxury high-rise in connection with sale of more than 50,000 square feet of development rights to developer of adjacent property including the negotiation of a zoning lot development agreement and related air and light easements.
- Represented regional developer of office medical assets in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Rhode Island including negotiation of the acquisition agreements, review of title, and other due diligence issues related to the to-be acquired assets, negotiation of acquisition financing documents including a leashold mortgage; preparation of subscription agreement and other syndication documents.
- Represented owner of a ground lease position in a Manhattan office property in connection with the potential sale of the ground lease position.
- Represented established New York City developer in the acquisition and financing of nine separate multifamily/mixed use assets in Manhattan and Brooklyn, New York, as part of a tax-free forward and reverse exchanges under IRC 1031.
- Represented Toronto developer in connection with the acquisition of potential residential development sites in New York City including acquiring development rights and inclusionary air rights.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 1988
- Fairfield University, B.A., 1985
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
CIVIC AND CHARITABLE MEMBERSHIPS:
- Habitat for Humanity — New York City, Leadership Counsel, Chair
Rate : $$$