Christoph Lange helps foreign clients conduct and manage their businesses in the United States. A major aspect of Chris’s practice and experience is the acquisition and disposition of business entities, business lines or portfolios of assets, be it in the form of negotiated acquisitions and dispositions, mergers, spin-offs or in the form of private equity investments, management buy-outs, leveraged buy-outs, auctions or acquisitions out of bankruptcy.
He also assists his clients with a vast array of business-related issues, including day-to-day legal advice in commercial matters and business contracts. Chris has authored various articles addressing corporate and cross-border issues, for example on “Efforts” and on “Material Adverse Change” clauses and their respective use in U.S. acquisition agreements.
- Lead partner in the acquisition by a Swiss-based international freight-forwarding and logistics group of a Tennessee multimodal shipping company.
- Lead partner in the acquisition by a German producer of reflective materials of a U.S.-based international group of companies, involving a reserve triangular merger and evaluation of a vast patent portfolio.
- Involved in the acquisition of an interest in a U.S. coal-fired power plant by a capital assets fund.
- Lead partner in the acquisitions of U.S.-based specialty, hotel and forest products logistics companies by a Swiss-based freight-forwarding and logistics group.
- Negotiated industry-specific supply, distribution, servicing and technical assistance agreements, including an agreement for establishment of oxygen and nitrogen production plant on client’s manufacturing site.
- Lead partner in the acquisitions by a German-based international fastener and fittings company of multiple hardware and fastener distribution companies in the U.S.
- American Foreign Law Association
- American Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Dr. jur., University of Hamburg, 1983
- University of Hamburg, 1975
Admissions : New York, 1983
Rate : $$$$