Christopher Gunlikson has a diverse practice that focuses on broad aspects of real estate development and finance. In addition to his traditional real estate and finance practice, Chris specializes in servicing clients at every stage of multifamily and affordable housing development and finance.
He serves as counsel on a local and national level to for-profit developers, nonprofit organizations, local and state housing authorities, conventional lenders, and investors involved in all phases of development and operation of multifamily and affordable housing projects.
Chris maintains a robust commercial real estate transactions and finance practice. Chris supplements his legal skills with accounting and tax skills. Prior to law school, he gained valuable industry insight as a CPA serving as CFO for a national developer and construction firm.
Chris advises clients on multifamily affordable and market-rate residential real estate projects, including:
- Acquisition and development
- Finance (as borrower and lender’s counsel)
- HUD programs and FHA insured loans (section 8, 202, 221(d)(4), 223(f), 223(a)(7) and 236 interest subsidies)
- HUD project transfers and sales and HUD compliance matters
- Multiple finance sources, including federal, state, and local and conventional sources
Chris’ commercial real estate and finance transactional practice emphasizes commercial real estate, corporate and tax matters, and banking and finance, including:
- Real estate acquisition and sales
- Entity selection and formation
- Construction matters and agreements
- University of Denver College of Law, J.D., 2000
- Colorado State University, B.S., 1993
Bar Admissions : Colorado
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- Colorado Bar Association, Real Estate Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Business Section, Taxation Section, Affordable Housing Community Development Law Section, Member
- “I Have a Dream” Foundation of Boulder County, Board Member
- Funding Partners for Housing Solution, Board of Directors, Past Member
- Colorado Housing and Finance Authority, 2009 Qualified Allocation Plan Advisory Board, Past Member
Rate : $$$$