Christy E. Kiely’s practice encompasses employment litigation, EEOC charges, #MeToo investigations, pay equity analyses, advice, training, affirmative action, and audit defense before the OFCCP.
Christy’s work focuses on pay equity analyses, affirmative action work and audit defense before the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs. She also has substantial experience with employment litigation in federal and state courts, administrative practice before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and advice to business management and in-house counsel on a full range of employment issues.
Christy enjoys conducting management and supervisor training on a wide range of legal and practical employment issues. She is a contributing author to the Hunton Employment & Labor Perspectives blog.
Christy is admitted to practice before the US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, the US District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, and the US District Court for the Western District of Virginia.
- Has extensive nationwide experience defending audits by the Department of Labor-Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).
- Advises on a wide range of regulatory requirements and developments related to affirmative action and the OFCCP.
- Prepares Affirmative Action Plans and conducts detailed pay analyses for companies of all sizes and structures.
- Conducts privileged pay analyses for employers, both proactive and defensive, in response to pay equity claims. Provides start-to-finish guidance throughout the process, from the creation of pay analysis groups, to the identification of pay factors, through multiple regression and cohort analyses, to action steps and equity adjustments.
- Has substantial experience representing employers in connection with discrimination, harassment, denial-of-benefits, defamation, wrongful discharge and other claims in state and federal courts, including appeals.
- Has litigated cases under all major federal employment statutes, including: Title VII, Section 1981, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, USERRA and ERISA.
- Defends charges before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and comparable state agencies.
- Advises employers on a wide range of legal and practical employment issues.
- Assists companies and executives in drafting, negotiating and analyzing employment contracts, severance contracts and noncompete agreements.
- Member of Hunton Andrews Kurth’s Electronic Discovery Team, which provides advice to clients on e-discovery issues.
- Pro Bono: Women’s Advocacy Project. Represents victims of domestic violence in connection with protective orders, child custody and visitation, and child and spousal support.
- Pro Bono: Central Virginia Legal Aid Hotline. Advises low-income clients regarding employment, housing, creditors rights and domestic violence issues.
- Pro Bono: Church Hill Pro Bono Office. Assists low-income clients with divorce, annulment and adoption proceedings.
- Member of Hunton & Williams’ Pro Bono Committee, Richmond office.
- JD, Duke University School of Law, 2002
- BA, English and Psychology, The College of William & Mary, 1998
- Admitted, Virginia State Bar, US District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia; US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Member, Virginia Bar Association Judicial Candidate Evaluation Committee (2017-2020)
- Member, Virginia Bar Association
- Board Member of the Children’s Home Society
- Member, National Association of Women Lawyers (NAWL)
- Faculty, The Institute for Workplace Equality (formerly the OFCCP Institute), 2016-
Member, Richmond Industry Liaison Group (RILG)
- Member, Virginia State Bar Council (2013-)
- Faculty member, Virginia State Bar Professionalism Course (2016-2019)
- Past President, Virginia State Bar Young Lawyers Conference (2011-2012)
- Board of Governors, Virginia State Bar Young Lawyers Conference (2006-2013)
- Virginia State Bar Standing Committee on Professionalism (2007-2013; 2015-)
- John Marshall Inn of Court (Executive Committee, 2009-2016); (Member, 2004-2016)
- Board of Directors, Virginia Legal Services Corporation (2008-2010)
Rate : $$$$