Claire Hansen Suni is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Group. Her practice focuses on advising public and privately-held companies in cross-border and domestic corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and international projects.
In 2016 and 2017, Ms. Suni was seconded to a large Japanese trading company in Tokyo, Japan, where she advised on transactions across a broad spectrum of industries, including pharmaceuticals, healthcare, technology, and energy.
Prior to coming to Debevoise, Ms. Suni worked in global and domestic health policy and research.
Ms. Suni joined Debevoise in 2013. Ms. Suni received a J.D. from Harvard Law School in 2013, where she served as submissions editor and primary editor of the Harvard Human Rights Journal and was a Chayes International Public Service Fellow. She received an M.P.H. in Law and Public Health Policy from Harvard School of Public Health in 2013. Ms. Suni graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from University of Washington (Hons.) with a B.A. in Law, Societies & Justice in 2005.
- Credit Suisse, as financial advisor to JACK Entertainment, in the $780 million sale of JACK Cincinnati Casino and Turfway Park to Hard Rock International and VICI Properties.
- Atlas Merchant Capital in its investment in Ascensus, the largest independent recordkeeping services provider, third-party administrator, and government savings facilitator in the United States.
- Deutsche Bank, as financial advisor to Eli Lilly, in its $8 billion acquisition of Loxo Oncology.
- Guggenheim Securities as financial advisor to Corium International, a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company, in Corium’s $504 million sale to Gurnet Point Capital.
- NJRetina in the formation of a strategic affiliation with NJEye and Quad-C Management.
- Johnson & Johnson in its sale of Nizoral’s EMEA rights to STADA Arzeimittel AG; LATAM rights to Kramer Laboratories; and APAC rights to Alliance Pharmaceuticals Limited.
- J.P. Morgan as financial advisor to FS Investment Corporation in its $8 billion merger with Corporate Capital Trust.
- Evercore and J.P. Morgan as financial advisors to Akebia Therapeutics in its $1.3 billion merger with Keryx Biopharmaceuticals.
- Deutsche Bank as financial advisor to Mallinckrodt in its $1.2 billion acquisition of Sucampo Pharmaceuticals.
- American Securities and P2 Capital Partners in their $855 million acquisition of Blount International.
- Theragen, a privately owned medical device company, in its acquisition of Neurotech North America.
- Mitsui in the sale of Transfreight North America, a wholly-owned subsidiary that provides logistics services primarily to automotive manufacturers, to U.S.-based Penske Logistics.
- Mitsui in its acquisition of a 20% limited partnership interest in Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., a full service truck leasing, truck rental and logistics business that mainly operates in the U.S., from General Electric Capital Corporation.
- TIAA Asset Management, a subsidiary of TIAA, in its offering of $1.0 billion of 2.950% senior notes due 2019 and $1.0 billion of 4.125% senior notes due 2024. The notes financed in part the redemption of the pre-acquisition debt of Nuveen Investments.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, The Carlyle Group and Bain Capital as selling shareholders and HD Supply in the $897 million secondary offering of common stock of HD Supply.
- Envision Healthcare in its $1.1 billion secondary offering of common stock.
- Envision Healthcare, a portfolio company of Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, in its offering of $750 million of senior notes.
- Tribune Media Company in its spin-off of Tribune Publishing Company.
- Envision Healthcare in its $612 million secondary offering of common stock.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and The Carlyle Group as selling shareholders and HD Supply in the $550 million secondary offering of common stock of HD Supply.
- Harvard Law School, 2013, J.D.
- Harvard School of Public Health, 2013, M.P.H.
- University of Washington, 2005, A.B.
- New York
Rate : $$$$