Claire Wells Hanson helps clients in a variety of industries—from oil and gas to real estate and manufacturing—navigate all types of commercial disputes. She assists clients through the dispute resolution process, whether via letter-writing and negotiation, litigation in federal or state court, mediation, or formal arbitration proceedings.
From the beginning of any representation, Claire works with her clients to understand the resolution they are hoping for and develops a strategy tailored to achieve that outcome. This can range from filing suit or asserting counterclaims, to defending lawsuits with the goal of minimizing potential liability and expense.
Claire has achieved successful outcomes for her clients at trial, as well as through dispositive motion practice, mediation, and by negotiating favorable settlements.
Claire has successfully represented a myriad of clients with a wide variety of commercial issues, including:
- Oil and gas companies with royalty calculation disputes
- Oil and gas company with an asset purchase agreement dispute
- Environmental consulting business in a trade secret, non-solicitation, and defamation dispute
- Manufacturer of oil and gas equipment in a dispute with an operator
- Real estate developer in a dispute with a joint venture partner
- Retail merchandiser with an exclusive merchandising contract dispute
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2009
- University of Georgia, B.A., 2005
- New York
Rate : $$$