Clifford Robert Mermell created the law firm of Gillis, Mermell & Pacheco, P.A. on March 1, 1996, over 22 years ago. The firm champions the rights of injured workers worldwide. Mr. Mermell has been the senior and managing partner of the firm since its creation. He has devoted his entire professional life to the representation of injured workers in Florida and elsewhere in the world.
As a Florida Bar Board Certified Workers’ Compensation lawyer, Mr. Mermell is recognized by Judges and his peers as an expert in the area of Workers’ Compensation law. Mr. Mermell has been handling the claims of injured workers under the Defense Base Act and the Longshore & Harbor Worker’s Compensation Act for the past 29 years.
Mr. Mermell has handled the claims of injured workers in more than 2,000 cases. He has taken the claims of injured workers to trial in over 150 cases. He has represented injured workers in more than 1,000 mediations.
Mr. Mermell has handled every type of injury imaginable, including death cases, amputation cases, brain injury cases, head injuries, neck injuries, back injuries, eye injuries, mouth injuries, nose injuries, shoulder injuries, elbow injuries, hand injuries, knee injuries, and foot injuries.
He has handled the claims of injured workers at each and every level, from the investigation phase through trial and appeals. He has earned a reputation of refusing to back down. He will take a case through trial and appeals and will never give up in his will to obtain the benefits to which he believes his clients are entitled.
- Member of the Workers Compensation Section of the Florida Bar since 1989.
- Member of the Florida Workers’ Advocates since 1994.
- Member of the Workers’ Injury Law Group for the past 7 years.
- Board of Trustees of the Friends of 440 Organization since 1994, serving as its Treasurer from 2006 to 2009.
- Frequently Invited Speaker as an Expert in the areas of Defense Base Act, Longshore Act and Florida Worker’s Compensation Act.
- Bachelor of Science, University of Colorado, 1985
- Juris Doctorate, University of Miami School of Law, 1989
- Admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Florida since 1989
- Admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Admitted to practice in the United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
Rate : $$$