Conor Shary’s practice includes a broad range of general business transaction matters including banking/financing and commercial real estate transactions.
His experience includes the representation of buyers, sellers and developers of commercial real estate, landlords and tenants in office and retail leasing transactions, lenders and borrowers in secured lending transactions and financial institutions in project financings and commercial loans.
- Represented a real estate company in a $90 million recapitalization of a 12 property portfolio of industrial assets in the Midwest, including joint venture documentation with a new equity partner and $100 million re-financing of a portion of the properties.
- Represented a commercial real estate developer in the acquisition of the lessee’s interest in certain ground leases in the CBD of Denver, development of a 600,000 square foot office building and related $190 million financing.
- Represented a commercial real estate developer in the $168 million refinancing of a newly constructed 280-unit multi-family complex in Manhattan.
- Represented a privately-held exploration and production company in a $1.0 billion reserve based credit facility.
- Represented one of the world’s largest producers of natural soda ash in a $225 million unsecured credit facility.
- Represented a commercial real estate developer in a $32 million refinancing of a newly constructed multi-family complex in Houston, Texas.
- Represented a real estate company in a recapitalization of a 6 property portfolio of industrial assets in the Midwest and related $70 million term loan.
- Represented the lender in its financing of an acquisition of the assets of a party rentals company. The transaction consisted of a $29 million term and revolver loan to finance the acquisition and additional working capital needs of the acquirer.
- Represented the administrative agent in a $160 million term and revolver loan to finance the acquisition and development of skilled nursing facilities throughout Texas.
- Represented the owner of one of the largest interstate pipeline systems in the country in a $150 million secured credit facility.
- Represented an oil and gas company in its purchase of a terminaling business, and assured dealer (gas station) business and related revolver and term financings.
- Represented the administrative agent in the creation of a $1.8 billion revolving credit facility for floor plan/inventory financing and acquisitions of new dealerships, including letter of credit and multicurrency sublimits.
- Represented the administrative agent in a $1.1 billion secured revolving credit facility for a privately-held company comprised of funeral homes, cemeteries, crematories and permanent memorialization properties.
- Represented the administrative agent in the creation of a senior secured multicurrency revolving credit facility and delayed draw term loan.
- Represented the acquirer, a private oil and gas exploration and production company, in a $250 million senior secured credit facility.
- Represented the acquirer, an international restaurant and entertainment operator, in its acquisition and development of a $600 million hotel and casino resort under construction in Lake Charles, Louisiana and related $575 million credit facility.
- Represented a commercial real estate developer in multiple joint ventures to acquire and develop mixed-use office and retail properties in the greater Houston area, including financings associated therewith.
- Represented the lender in numerous term loans related to newly acquired multi-family complexes and office buildings in Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia and Texas.
- Represented a private equity firm in its commitment of $40 million in equity capital to a private oil and natural gas company.
- Represented the borrower in $150 million revolving and $11.25 term loan facilities for acquisition financing of E&P assets in South Texas.
- Represented a private equity firm in the $93 million refinancing and equity issuance for its subsidiary, a paper and packaging company.
- Represented a Houston-based developer in site acquisition, financing, construction and management of multiple assisted living facilities throughout Texas.
- Represented a global alternative asset manager in a joint venture to acquire and reposition several multifamily projects in Georgia and Florida.
- Represented a healthcare provider in the acquisition of an acute care hospital and medical office building on a 12-acre site in Sugar Land, Texas.
- JD, Harvard Law School, 2011
- MS, Professional Accounting, The University of Texas at Austin, 2008
- BA, Business Administration, The University of Texas at Austin, with high honors, 2008
- Houston Bar Association
Rate : $$$$