Jessica E. Schaffner practices commercial litigation with an emphasis on managed care and ERISA. Jessica represents insurers and third-party claim administrators in lawsuits involving medical benefits and has litigated ERISA claims as well as contractual and extra-contractual disputes.
Jessica’s litigation experience includes drafting pleadings and discovery, briefing jurisdictional and procedural issues, managing large-scale discovery projects, and trial. As part of her managed care practice, Jessica represents clients in federal and state court, as well as arbitrations, and has represented clients in Texas, Florida, and Arizona.
While at the firm, Jessica has also tried a number of jury trials to verdict as a participant in the City of Houston’s Volunteer Prosecutor Program.
Jessica successfully completed the Fullbridge Program in September 2014.
- JD, University of Houston Law Center, cum laude, Houston Law Review, Research Editor, 2014
- BA, Ohio Wesleyan University, 2007
- US District Court, Southern District of Texas
- US District Court, Northern District of Texas
- US District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- US District Court, Western District of Texas
- The Women’s Home Young Professionals Council – Member (2015-2016)
- BPSOS-Houston – Board Member (2015) and Board Chair (2016-2017)
- The University of Houston Law Center Alumni Coach for Moot Court
Rate : $$$$