Corey M. Goodman’s practice focuses on taxation. He advises clients on federal income tax matters, including the structuring, documentation, and negotiation of a variety of domestic and international transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, spin-offs, bankruptcy reorganizations, refinancings, and cross-border and internal restructurings.
Corey joined the firm in 2007 and became a partner in 2016.
- Warburg Pincus and its portfolio companies in various transactions, including:
- its acquisitions of Duravant, CityMD, Gabriel Brothers, Guardsmark, Hygiena, Labstat International, and Universal Services of America;
- Allied Universal in its $1 billion acquisition of U.S. Security Associates;
- CityMD in the financing for its acquisition of STAT Health;
- Consolidated Precision Products in its acquisition of Selmet;
- Google in numerous transactions, including its holding company reorganization into Alphabet Inc., its $1.1 billion business cooperation agreement with HTC Corp., the $2.91 billion sale of Motorola Mobility’s mobile devices business to Lenovo Group Ltd., and various matters pertaining to its Other Bets division, including Temasek’s investment in Verily Life Sciences.
- Bemis in its $6.8 billion sale to Amcor.
- Dun & Bradstreet in its $6.9 billion sale to an investment group led by CC Capital.
- Stanley Black & Decker Inc. in its $690 million acquisition of IES Attachments, the $725 million sale of the majority of its mechanical security businesses to dormakaba, and its minority investment in GTP Services Inc.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M., 2010
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2007
- Cornell University, B.S., 2000
- New York
Rate : $$$$