Tristan Freeman focuses his practice on corporate and securities law matters, with concentrations in public and private mergers and acquisitions transactions, advising early stage companies, private equity and venture capital transactions, joint ventures, commercial business transactions, corporate governance matters, financial advisory services, and ensuring compliance with securities laws.
Over the course of his career, Tristan has advised private equity clients regarding mergers and acquisitions in the technology space, including representing these clients in the purchase of providers of mobile applications and data security solutions; investors regarding majority and minority investments in early stage companies; and underwriters in debt and equity offerings.
Before joining McGuireWoods, Tristan was an associate focusing on corporate and financial services work for an international law firm, representing emerging and established private equity, technology, media, sports, healthcare insurance, and financial services clients in general corporate, transactional, and commercial matters.
Before entering the practice of law, Tristan worked as a paralegal assisting trademark prosecution for high-profile music, sports, and media clients at a leading intellectual property law firm, and in business development for an independent technology and market research company.
- Representation of Biofrontera AG (Nasdaq: BFRA), an international biopharmaceutical company, as issuer’s counsel in its U.S. initial public offering of American Depositary Shares and subsequent trading on Nasdaq.
- Representation of a software engineering and professional services company in its sale to a leading software and services provider.
- Representation of BMO Capital Markets Corp. as financial advisor to Providence and Worcester Railroad in its pending $126 million sale to Genesse & Wyoming Inc.
- Representation of private equity client in merger of two portfolio companies in the mid-market data protection sector.
- Representation of private equity portfolio company in sale to prominent high-tech recruiting career website.
- Representation of banking and payments technology company in purchase of leading financial software company.
- Representation of provider of complex, technology-enabled contract logistics services in sale to global provider of transportation and logistics services.
- Representation of investor consortium in connection with acquisition of a leading North American data center business.
- Representation of private equity portfolio company focusing on mobile video and editing applications in connection with Series A investments.
- Representation of specialty property, casualty, life, and health insurer in sale of its employee benefits business to leading financial services organization.
- New York University School of Law, JD, Articles Editor, Journal of Legislation and Public Policy, 2013
- Brown University, BA, Political Science, 2007
Admissions : New York
Rate : $$$