Courtney Culwell Hill is a partner in the Insurance, Health Care and Commercial Litigation practice groups in the Los Angeles office of Gordon & Rees. Ms. Hill’s practice focuses primarily on managed care and employee benefits matters.
She has extensive experience counseling and defending companies in the areas of managed care, ERISA, bad faith, fiduciary liability and unfair competition. Ms. Hill represents managed care entities and administrators in all aspects of contractual and extra-contractual disputes with providers.
She also represents welfare benefit plans and administrators in disputes regarding benefits and breach of fiduciary duty claims. Ms. Hill has litigated hundred of matters and tried cases in state and federal courts throughout California as well as handling numerous arbitrations.
Ms. Hill’s experience enables her to provide exceptional legal representation and counsel in both pre and post-litigation matters.
- J.D., Cum Laude, Southwestern University School of Law, 2000
- B.A., Arizona State University, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Central, Northern, Eastern and Southern Districts of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- State Bar of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Successfully obtained judgment in favor of insurance company and ERISA plan in claim for disability benefits.
- Obtained dismissal of action against third-party administrator in breach of fiduciary duty claim arising out of alleged fraudulent statement regarding entitlement to pension benefits.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of life insurance company in denial of benefits matter.
- Arbitrated matter on behalf of managed care plan involving thousands of claims brought by hospital seeking benefits denied as not medically necessary or experimental.
- Represented insurance company and welfare benefit plan in determination that plan was governed by ERISA and not subject to ERISA exemption for church plans.
Rate : $$$