Dana Chaaban is an attorney in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Construction Litigation Practice Group. Dana focuses her practice on commercial, construction and insurance litigation. She represents developers, contractors, material suppliers, design professionals and carriers in disputes involving construction defect claims, delay claims, construction lien and insurance issues, and contract disputes.
Prior to joining Shutts, Dana focused her practice on premises and general liability, commercial, construction and complex litigation, insurance coverage, transactional and carrier representation.
Dana graduated magna cum laude from Florida International University College of Law. While in law school, she served as a Judicial Extern for the former Chief Justice R. Fred Lewis of the Florida Supreme Court and the Honorable Justice Barbara Lagoa of Florida’s Third District Court of Appeal.
She also interned for the Office of the Broward County Attorney, where she assisted in the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport construction expansion. Dana is also an adjunct professor at Florida International University’s College of Law, where she teaches upper-level legal writing courses.
- Florida International University, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Florida, B.S., magna cum laude
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Miami-Dade Chapter
- Member, Board of Directors
- Co-Chair, Diversity Committee
- The Florida Bar
- Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section
- Construction Law Committee in the Real Property Section
- Dade County Bar Association
Rate : $$$