Dana Treister is a Partner in the Real Estate department at Seyfarth Shaw LLP. He focuses his practice on real estate transactions across all 50 states, with an emphasis on the acquisition and sale of commercial properties, real estate finance, land use and entitlement work, and complex ground lease transactions.
He has recently counseled clients in connection with a variety of development projects, ranging from historic rehabs to ground-up construction, especially in the hospitality area. Dana also has extensive experience representing parties in the formation of joint ventures and in structuring tax-advantaged real estate transactions.
In recent years, Dana has represented both borrowers and lenders in both on-balance sheet and conduit loan transactions, and has coordinated the defeasance, re-financing and restructuring of existing debt instruments.
- J.D., University of Southern California Law School (1994)
- Managing Editor, Sourther California Law Review
- Shattuck Award for Outstanding Service to the Law Center
- B.A., Stanford University (1987)
- Member, Stanford Tennis Team, 1983-84
- Adjunct Professor, University of Southern California Law School, 2003-2011
- Board Member, Los Angeles Conservation Corps, Board of Trustees, 2001-Present
- Founding Board Member, Adam Freeman Scott Memorial Foundation, 1996-Present
- Executive Committee, Legion Lex, USC Law School, 2003-2004
- Board Member, Pacific Oaks College and Children’s School, 1997-2007
Rate : $$$$