Daniel W. Luther represents individuals, families, trusts and closely-held businesses in connection with their legal matters. Most often, he advises as to how to minimize tax liability and preserve wealth. Dan also regularly acts as an advocate for persons involved in challenging legal circumstances with their families or business partners.
- Georgetown University Law Center, JD, magna cum laude
- Georgetown University, AB, magna cum laude
- US Tax Court
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- General Counsel of Indianapolis Colts, Inc., January 2001 to March 2003. Special Counsel since 2003. Represents client, a professional sports franchise, in all facets of risk management and legal operations. Lead counsel in the negotiations for the lease and construction of Lucas Oil Stadium.
- Represented the purchaser of the Portland expansion franchise in Major League Soccer and in the related stadium deal (2009-2010).
- Sale of Best Access Systems, Fall 2002. Represented majority shareholder in sale of company to The Stanley Works for $310 million and settlement of related dissident shareholder’s suit.
- Representation of a large university in connection with its planned giving matters.
- Estate of Joseph L. Bernardin, Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois, 1996. Joseph L. Bernardin was the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Chicago.
Rate : $$$