Daniel M. Petrocelli is the Chair of the Firm’s Trial Practice Committee. Dan has a national trial practice representing clients in major litigation in a wide variety of areas, including sports, entertainment, intellectual property, unfair competition, business torts, securities, employment law, and criminal defense.
In 2017, The American Lawyer named Dan among the top eight litigators in the nation, noting that he “is a lawyer clients call in the toughest situations.” Legal 500 ranks Dan Petrocelli as one of the country’s top 10 trial lawyers and selected him as the winner of its inaugural “Leading Trial Lawyer of the Year,” describing him as an “excellent, excellent trial lawyer” in a “whirlwind year which saw him try a slew of different matters back-to-back across various industries.”
Chambers USA ranks Dan as a leading lawyer and quotes sources calling him “a fantastic force,” “the one you hire for bet-the-company cases” and “excellent courtroom lawyer” who is “highly in demand.” Dan has also been featured in Billboard Magazine, Variety as one of the industry’s “50 Game-Changing Entertainment Attorneys,” The Hollywood Reporter as a “Power Lawyer,” and by Law360 as a “Media & Entertainment MVP.”
Dan is a frequent national commentator on trials and other legal issues, as well as a featured speaker on legal issues at business groups, bar and judges associations, and citizens groups.
- US District Court, Central, Northern, and Southern Districts of California, and the District of Colorado
- US Court of Appeals, Federal, Ninth and Tenth Circuits
- US Supreme Court
- Southwestern University, J.D., 1980: magna cum laude; Editor-in-Chief, Southwestern University Law Review
- University of California at Los Angeles, B.S., 1976: cum laude
- Trial Advocacy Board, ABA Litigation Section
- Board of Trustees, Southwestern University School of Law
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Antitrust and Unfair Competition Sections
- ABA’s Litigation Section and Corporate Counsel Committee
- California Bar Association, Antitrust and Unfair Competition Sections
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
Rate : $$$$