Olaf E. Wilson represents clients in insurance coverage and commercial litigation disputes in state and federal courts nationwide. His education and diverse insurance and litigation background enable him to provide clients with practical, holistic advice to deal with complex problems.
Olaf’s practice focuses on providing professional and general liability insurers with counsel on a variety of insurance coverage matters, ranging from coverage for malpractice and environmental matters to coverage for wrongful mortgage foreclosures and cybercrimes.
Olaf also provides representation of various commercial entities, such as defending a company accused of transgender discrimination and representing a software trade association with respect to Copyright Act enforcement.
Prior to joining the firm and during law school, Olaf served as a law clerk at the U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Division, Fraud Section, where he assisted in investigations and prosecutions of high-value qui tam False Claims Act cases against healthcare providers and other government contractors.
Olaf also served as law clerk to Senator Charles Grassley, Chairman of the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee during the 114th Congress, where he was immersed in several high-profile policy areas under the Committee’s jurisdiction, including intellectual property, national defense, immigration and cybersecurity.
Representative Matters :
- Successfully obtained summary judgment on behalf of an insurer in Missouri state court, where a claim relating to wrongful mortgage foreclosure was not made during the applicable policy period.
- Defended a national accounting firm in a multimillion-dollar malpractice suit asserted by the FDIC.
- Successfully represented a defendant in a high-profile transgender bathroom discrimination matter.
- Advises an insurer regarding coverage for a massive cybercrime under a Financial Institutions Bond and Computer Misuse insurance policy.
- Represented a software trade association in numerous matters relating to enforcement of copyright infringement.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2015
- University of Iowa, B.S., 2011
BAR ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia, Illinois
Rate : $$$