David Lockshaw represents our financial services, food and agribusiness, general corporate, and individual clients in commercial litigation, appeals, and government relations. Dave has successfully obtained summary judgment and dismissals in numerous matters, obtained favorable outcomes in appeals, and negotiated a number of settlements on behalf of our clients.
An accomplished litigator, Dave formerly clerked at the Tenth District Court of Appeals for the State of Ohio with jurisdiction over appeals from the trial courts in Franklin County (Columbus), the Ohio Court of Claims, and numerous state agencies and licensing boards. Dave has experience practicing civil, criminal, and administrative law at both the trial and appellate levels in state and federal courts across Ohio. His background includes representing the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction in federal civil rights lawsuits, defending the State of Ohio in administrative appeals, and prosecuting offenders.
As a lobbyist, Dave advocates on behalf of business interests before the Ohio General Assembly. Blending his legal experience with his policy advocacy skills, Dave formerly served as the Director of Labor and Legal Affairs at the Ohio Chamber of Commerce before joining Dickinson Wright. Through his work at the Chamber, Dave gained practical insight into how legal and regulatory matters impact business.
Dave is known for his attention to detail and his attentiveness to client needs. He is active in the community through his committee work and as an advisor for local judicial campaigns.
- The Ohio State University, B.A., Political Science, 2004
- University of Akron School of Law, J.D., 2007
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce Employment Law Committee, Workers’ Compensation Committee, and Public Affairs Committee
- Franklin County Republican Party Judicial Salute Committee, 2017 Chairman
- Franklin County Republican Party Executive Committee
- Franklin County Republican Party Judicial Screening Committee
- Kasich-Taylor Inauguration Committee, 2015
- Ohio State Bar Association
Rate : $$$