J. David Cabello concentrates his intellectual property practice on:
- copyright and trademark litigation
- software and patent licensing
- patent portfolio development and exploitation
- patent infringement and validity analysis
He is well-versed in a range of technologies in the computer field and energy sector. He combines his diverse corporate experiences as a general counsel with his law firm background to provide his clients with legal advice grounded in the realities of the business world.
David’s intellectual property litigation experience includes a range of technical areas, including personal computers, energy sector, software, and cellular telephone fields.
He also has extensive experience and knowledge in the areas of professional responsibility, trade secrets, industry practices, damages, infringement analysis, and patent office practices in the high-tech and energy sectors.
David has served as a mediator in a number of cases and is available to serve as a mediator. He has also served as an expert witness in the intellectual property field.
According to Chambers USA, “Clients particularly appreciate his direct approach, noting: ‘He’s quick off the mark, will cut to the chase and tell me what I need to know and what his recommendation is.’”
- Texas A&M University, BS
- South Texas College of Law, JD, with high honors
- Rice University, MLS
- U.S. District Court – Colorado
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Texas
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Intellectual Property Law Association
Rate : $$$$