David L. Greenspan is a trial lawyer whose practice focuses on proactive counseling and aggressive litigation of employee mobility disputes and complex employment matters. Mr. Greenspan works with his clients to identify and resolve issues before they become adversarial in nature. Mr. Greenspan also serves his clients as a zealous advocate in litigation, arbitration and other administrative proceedings.
Mr. Greenspan is an experienced litigator with first-chair trial experience. Mr. Greenspan regularly represents employers in state and federal courts and administrative agencies throughout the country. He has also litigated many employee mobility cases.
On the plaintiff side, he has obtained injunctions that prohibited people from competing against firm clients. On the defense side, he has effectively represented employers who have hired employees with non-compete or confidentiality agreements.
Mr. Greenspan regularly counsels corporate clients on a wide range of labor and employment topics including the protection of corporate assets through the use of employee agreements and corporate policies, wage and hour matters, compliance with Title VII, the ADA, the FMLA, the WARN Act and USERRA.
Mr. Greenspan has also developed an area of interest in executive employment agreements. In this regard, he has worked with CEOs in various industries, former corporate general counsel, prominent elected federal officials no longer in office, and one Hall of Fame NBA coach.
Mr. Greenspan is a well-regarded public speaker who has conducted myriad presentations and training seminars throughout country as a presenter for private employers, municipalities, educational academies, and trade associations.
Mr. Greenspan regularly speaks on topics including: protection of corporate assets; prevention of illegal discrimination, harassment and retaliation in the workplace; the complexities and intersection of the ADA, FMLA and related state laws; and general management relations topics.
Mr. Greenspan serves as the Tysons Office Pro Bono Partner and is an active member of Firms in Service, a consortium of local firms and corporate legal departments dedicated to improving the quality and quantity of pro bono services in the Northern Virginia area.
Mr. Greenspan is on the Board of Directors for Legal Services of Northern Virginia and recently was selected to serve as a Co-Chair of the Virginia Bar Association’s Pro Bono Counsel. Mr. Greenspan also recently accepted a three-year appointment to serve as faculty member for the Virginia State Bar Harry L. Carrico Professionalism Course.
- Representation of protective security services company prevailing on summary judgment in a dispute over a contractor’s daily rate and the application of the Virginia Minimum Wage Act. Castillo-Guzman v. Triple Canopy, Inc. 2016 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 26664 (E.D. Va. 2016)
- Successfully obtain summary judgment on complicated application of the American with Disabilities Act to an explosive detection dog handler in providing security services in Iraq. Ruddell v. Triple Canopy, Inc. Civ. No. 1:15-cv-01331 (E.D. Va. 2016)
- Representation of global aerospace, defense, information and services company seeking to obtain injunctive and monetary relief concerning allegations of conspiracy to misappropriate trade secrets.
- Representation of a private client obtaining demurrer as his former employer’s efforts to enforce post-employment restrictions. Strategic Enterprise Solutions v. Ikuma, 77 Va. Cir. 179 (Fairfax County, Virginia 2008).
- The George Washington University Law School, JD, with Honors, Notes Editor, Public Contract Law Journal, Dean’s Fellow, 2000
- University of Maryland, BA, magna cum laude, 1997
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- Board of Directors, Legal Services of Northern Virginia
- Member (Legal Advisor), Virginia Association of Chiefs of Police
- Member, Virginia Bar Association
- Member, Fairfax County Bar Association
Rate : $$$$