David Davis handles a wide range of matters relating to various aspects of intellectual property law, including prosecution before the US Patent and Trademark Office, international intellectual property coordination, counseling and prosecution, managing the intellectual property aspects of mergers, acquisitions and other corporate transactions, drafting of intellectual property license agreements and resolving domain name, social media and other internet-related conflicts.
Mr. Davis has also worked on numerous IP matters in several federal, district and appellate courts. He has written and spoken extensively on issues relating to various aspects of intellectual property law and has been quoted on a number of occasions in the Chicago Tribune and Chicago Daily Law Bulletin and co-authored an article in the Trademark Reporter.
Mr. Davis has extensive trademark, trade dress, copyright, false advertising and computer law-related experience, including client counseling, intellectual property litigation, trademark and copyright prosecution and international portfolio management, intellectual property licensing and internet-related issues.
He advises numerous clients in the consumer products, transportation, pharmaceutical, advertising, computer software, electronics, candy, sports, entertainment, financial services and other industries. He frequently represents clients before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) of the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Duke University School of Law (J.D.) (1990)
- Duke University (M.B.A.) (1990)
- University of Illinois (B.S. cum laude) (1986)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas~United States (1999)
- U.S. District Court, Colorado~United States (1999)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit~United States (1999)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit~United States (1994)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
Rate : $$$