Douglas Darch is a member of the Global Automotive Steering Committee and the former chair of Employment Compensation Labor Practice Group for the Chicago office. He represents and counsels management in the areas of Labor and Employment.
He has extensive experience in union/labor relations, corporate restructurings, multiemployer pension plans, international framework agreements, mergers, acquisitions, the integration of work forces, melding European-style labor relations to meet US legal standards, and personnel policy development.
He has participated in over 150 hearings before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), labor arbitrators, federal and state courts, and administrative agencies including landmark decisions under Title VII, ERISA, FMLA, and the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA).
Mr. Darch provides counsel in: compliance with NLRB dictates for non-union employers, union negotiations and labor contract compliance, absenteeism and leave management, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), sexual harassment, Title VII discrimination, arbitration agreements, workforce reductions, severance plans, developing personnel policies, workplace investigations, and wage and hour (FLSA) counseling and litigation.
Mr. Darch also has experience with benefit plan modification, ERISA (retiree health and withdrawal) litigation, as well as labor and employment litigation. He is an experienced appellate court advocate, and provides clients with strategic and pragmatic solutions that help meet corporate objectives.
- Georgia Institute of Technology (BS)
- University of North Carolina School of Law (JD)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Illinois State Bar Association – Chair, Employee Benefits Section Council (2018-19)
- American Bar Association – Member, Developing Labor Law
- Chicago Bar Association – Member, Labor & Employment Committee (Former Chair)
- Illinois State Bar Association – Individual Rights Section Council (Former Chair)
- Illinois State Chamber of Commerce – Chair, Legal and Judiciary Committee
Rate : $$$