David Hackett has considerable experience managing US and diverse international compliance, CSR and environmental legal projects, including the development and implementation of compliance programs. In that capacity, he works extensively with General Counsels of Fortune 500 companies.
He has extensive experience in counseling, negotiation and litigation on behalf of multinational clients regarding state, federal and foreign civil and criminal compliance and environmental matters. Mr. Hackett is currently a member of the Global Compliance & Investigations steering committee.
Previously, he served as the managing partner of the North American Region of Baker McKenzie and a member of the Firm’s Executive Committee. He was formerly the North America Practice Group Chair for Banking, Finance and Major Projects practice.
He also was the managing partner of the Chicago office, on the Firm’s Finance Committee, and started and managed the Firm’s international environmental practice.
Mr. Hackett’s practice concentrates on the representation of multinationals in US and international compliance and environmental matters including, in particular, in the high tech, information management, food, pharmaceutical and energy industries. He has litigated a number of major US civil and criminal compliance and environmental cases.
He has assisted numerous multinational technology companies with compliance and environmental issues in over 50 countries, as well as multiple matters relating to international treaties and multilateral lenders. Mr. Hackett also regularly assists companies and financial institutions with compliance issues in the US and multi-country transactions.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D.) (1981)
- Haverford College (B.A.) (1976)
- Illinois~United States (1990)
- District of Columbia~United States (1981)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Auditing Roundtable
- American Bar Association – Environment and Natural Resources Section
- American Bar Association – International Law Section
- American Bar Association – Business Law Section
Representative Legal Matters:
- On behalf of a Fortune 200 high tech company, undertook the evaluation of an entire compliance program including a comprehensive risk assessment of all compliance areas (anti-bribery, anti-money laundering, trade, employment, environment, antitrust, privacy, data security and intellectual property) and redesigned compliance policies and program.
- Assisted Fortune 100 technology company with an assessment of the compliance issues associated with the expansion and diversification of its business and offerings throughout Latin America.
- Provide ongoing assistance to a Fortune 200 technology company related to the design and implementation of its conflict minerals compliance program.
Rate : $$$