David J. Rosen advises retailers, finance companies and service providers on all aspects of state and local tax planning, structuring, compliance, and controversies. David’s national practice focuses on representing motor vehicle manufacturers, finance companies, lessors, and dealership groups before tax and regulatory authorities across the United States.
He helps clients navigate the taxation of transportation technologies and services, and counsels them on the application of federal consumer finance and multistate titling, registration, dealer licensing, disclosure, and insurance laws to their highly-regulated businesses.
David also serves as outside counsel to motor vehicle industry trade associations to provide guidance on best compliance practices, advance proposed law changes in state legislatures, and prepare for a future of alternatives to traditional consumer vehicle ownership and leasing as well as of highly autonomous vehicles.
Prior to joining Akerman, David worked at the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) in its Bureau of Competition and Office of Congressional Relations, where he aided antitrust and consumer protection investigations and served as a member of the task force responsible for the development of the FTC’s Petroleum Market Manipulation Rule.
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2013, Research Editor, Journal of Business Law
- B.A., Cornell University, History, 2008, summa cum laude
Bar Admissions : Florida
- American Automotive Leasing Association, General Counsel
- The Bach Festival Society of Winter Park, Trustee
- The Florida Bar, Tax Law Section, Member; Fellow, 2015 – 2017
- Leadership Orlando, Class 93
Rate : $$$$